It is necessary to secure permanent power supply of crucial equipment regardless of a potential power supply failure in a whole range of critical applications. This requirement is usually solved using uninterruptable power supplies (UPS) which, however, are not the only possible and technically suitable solution. UPS only provides a supply of electric power for a limited period according to the capacity of accumulators, while it is the accumulators that often cause problems from the long-term point of view as their capacity decreases with time and a regular maintenance must be provided. To provide reliable power supply for electronic control systems, a suitable alternative may be the possibility of power supply from two independent feeds of electric power, or from one primary feed and a centrally managed accumulator backups. For that purpose, the RPSII Redundant Power Supply has been designed. It is a more efficient and more sophisticated successor of the original RPS line.
Examples of Use in Power Circuits
- Control systems in power engineering
- Control systems of important technological lines and machines in industry
- Telecommunication systems and industrial data networks
- Mobile measuring equipment (installations in vehicles, alternative power supply from 12/24 V DC dashboard network or 230 V AC external power supply with the possibility of switching during operation)
Basic technical specification
- 19", 4U chassis for hot-swap power modules
- Two independent input power modules for voltages 24V DC, 48V DC, 110V DC, 230V AC/DC
- Up to four independent output power modules with voltages 12V DC, 24V DC, 48V DC, 230V AC
- Diagnostic and communication module with DIO and battery backup
- Optional backup communication module, with embedded battery for backup of diagnostic module
You can find more information and datasheets about RPSII.