Compact ELVAC RTUs are devices for remote control, measurement and data collection in many fields of industrial automation, mainly in power industry but also in other utilities. As the title suggests, the compact remote terminal units have fixed configuration and minimal installation space demand. From the user's perspective, the compact and modular RTUs have the same software base and the user interface is exactly the same and compatible. The only difference is in the number of individual interfaces that are available for the user.
Compact ELVAC RTU units contain the following functions:
- processor control unit,
- parameterization through web page or free parameterization SW,
- programmable logical and relational functions,
- integrated HMI, user friendly graphic interface,
- remote access to all functions of maintenance, parameterization, data acquisition and analysis.
Based on type of compact unit:
- there is used DC powering, usually 24 V DC, exact range of power supply voltage see in product datasheets,
- different wired and wireless communication interfaces with many communication protocols,
- some types have digital, eventually analog I/Os.
Compact RTU advantages:
- if the number of inputs and outputs of compact unit is sufficient, it is cost-effective solution.
Basic types of compact ELVAC RTUs and their typical applications
RTU7MC3 and RTU7MC3-D
It is advanced communication unit, router, protocol converter and data concentrator. It supports the following protocols - IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 60870-5-104, DNP3, MODBUS, HIOCom2, DLMS. It support secure communication and programmable interface according to IEC 61131-3. It is equipped with many useful features for main communication units in power distribution objects.
It is the smallest version of our RTUs, equipped with 2 or 3 communication interfaces, 4xDI and 4xDO. This type is very suitable for solutions, where is necessary to connect some devices without proper communication into a SCADA system, or for a general control of anything and anywhere via LAN, GSM/GPRS or serial line.
This type of RTU is designed for applications with low power consumption. It is especially useful in standalone in-field data acquisition. System has many different inputs for different kinds of sensors. It can be powered from battery, which can work for more than one year.
Thanks to many years of development and experience, ELVAC RTUs are very advanced products, which meet the highest requirements of power distribution companies, like for example ČEZ, E.ON, EVN, Západoslovenská distribučná (group E.ON), Stredoslovenská energetika (group EPH), Východoslovenská distribučná (group Innogy), ENERGO PRO and many others.
General description of basic features of ELVAC RTUs can be found in product catalogue in Downloads section.
Sales information and datasheets are the part of E-catalog.